Thursday, January 22, 2009

Comet, the fish

About a week before Petey went to my dad's, I bought Grace a fish as a new pet. I wanted her to have a pet of some kind and figured a fish would be the least allergic choice. I am finding that my allergies are getting worse over time.


One Saturday morning while Grace was with Gordie, I went out in search of a fish for her. I had quite a scary experience at the pet store when the guy working there came around the corner with a torantula on his shoulder. I do not have a phobia of spiders, but one that large bought out quite a fearful reaction. It was right at my eye level only about a foot away. The guy reassured me that it would not "jump" onto me and I was safe, but I still made him put it away while he helped me choose a hardy fish for Grace. I ended up choosing a beta fish with a small tank to match.


Grace was very excited to see the fish when she got home and quickly named him "Comet". My nephew Jasper has a hamster named Comet, so she may have remembered that name or maybe it comes from all the Christmas stories/songs as Comet is a reindeer. It is hard to tell where a 2 year old gets these things.
She hugs the fish tank and gives it kisses as well. Too cute!


No comments: