- I am getting frustrated with the commercialisation of the Christmas season. I'm a little sad that people keep asking Gracie about what Santa is bringing her. I really don't want her to think Christmas is all about getting new toys.
- I really enjoy making homemade gifts. Even though it is time consuming, it is relaxing.
- I am trying to be more "green" and reduce/reuse/recycle more.
Today I took a break from working on Chapter Two of my thesis and decided to make a homemade apron for Grace for Christmas. I used a new tea-towel and some left-over trimmings from other projects. It is super cute! I know that Grace will really love wearing it when she helps me in the kitchen.
I am also working on making her a home-made bowling set. I have been taking left-over one litre milk cartons and painting/decorating them. If anyone has an extra cartons they could share, this would speed up my progress. :)
Several friends have made felt boards for their children. I plan on making one for Grace as well. Here are some photos of felt pieces I am working on. The first is for 5 little speckled frogs and the second is for "Itsy-Bitsy Spider"
No comments:
Post a Comment