A weight has been lifted off my shoulders!! I just submitted the last requirement for a course that I have dragged out forever. I had a kind prof who gave me extra time to do this. She understood that sometimes during times of stress, you mind does not give you the head space to write papers and think about things other than survival.
I took this course in the midst of my separation from Gordie and every time I sat down to write papers for the course, it felt like I was reliving that anguish all over again. The terrible sadness and anguish would wash over me and I would become paralysed. I would write a couple of words and then stop. I made excuses after excuses not to work on the papers I needed to hand in. I could not understand why the course was so linked to these feelings.
Anyways...I finally got it done!!! I wanted to drop the course so many times and start over with another one. I wanted to forget about it all. However, I knew that I would always regret not finishing it. I wanted to follow through on it. This course was not going to get the better of me.
Soo...it is midnight and I want to party to celebrate that I am done...but alas, I have a sleeping toddler that wakes too easily...so I am sending this celebration off into cyber space on my blog....
Sleep tight...I hope I have good dreams...
love,
Cheyanne
1 Wing Family Day
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment